So most of these feeds are pretty self-explanatory. But there are a couple things to think about with some of the news feeds:
- Surfline: pretty accurate but keep in mind the time at which the report was submitted. A lot can change between the 7am surf report and your 3pm ride. Fortunately there's usually an afternoon update during the summer season. The surfline links include very useful webcams so you can see the actual conditions.
- Tip: the surfcams do not do the surf too much justice. I typically add 10" to what appears to be the wave height.
- Tip: Surfline will sometimes report even decent surf as poor - check the surfcam to be sure. The best ratings are poor+ and fair.
- Seaweed: This report is very generous. I usually divide the swell height in half and add a foot. Then check surfline the day of....
- Weather sites: It's true. It's warmer in Florida ;-)